PRESCHOOL ( 3-4 Years)
Exciting New Learning Experiences and Skills
Book Concepts and Reasoning Skills
Children need to learn what a title, an author, and an illustrator are when introducing new books to them. As well as introducing book concepts to your child, we will help them develop judgment and reasoning as they explore:
- What is going on in the story, the plot, and the theme of the book
- How the story develops and unravels, with key turning points in the story
- Where the story takes place
- Who the main characters are, and any supporting characters
- Why any events are happening in the book and the natural consequences of the events
An Introduction to Spanish
With Spanish vocabulary index cards, children learn the colors, numbers, shapes, days of the week, and songs in Spanish. We take advantage of every little opportunity to teach this second language to your child.
Developing Age-Appropriate Computer Skills
With smartboards in every classroom, children get exposure to technology and how this tool enhances their learning. Through fun and interactive games, your child learns computer skills like controlling the cursor on the screen and clicking and dragging objects. In addition to developing digital skills, computer time helps your child by:
- Further teaching numbers and letters
- Promoting active play
- Learning about animals and other interests
- Encouraging creativity
A Fun Start to Writing Skills with "The Letter of the Week"
Learning in Circle Time Every Day
Children can’t wait for circle time every morning: a chance to greet and be with their friends. As well as developing social skills, circle time is also an opportunity for them to improve their critical thinking. We help them learn language, listening, and math as they explore:
- Days of the week, and what day it is
- Different months and seasons of the year
- Colors and shapes with a variety of toys and props
- Letters and sounds, the basics of phonetics, and sounding out words
- Math concepts as we practice counting, identifying numbers, adding and subtracting
- Telling the time
Learning to Love You More with the "Star Of The Week"
During circle time, the “star of the week” shines like a real star while showing a poster of their creation. Every child gets a chance to put together a sign, full of pictures, stickers, and decoration, describing their beloved family members, pets, favorite vacations, etc. with photos, stickers, and embellishments.
Inspiring Curiosity and Community with Weekly Show and Tell:
Every Friday we have show-and-tell. With themes like letters and colors, children take turns bringing an object to show their friends. This weekly discussion will help your child learn:
- Listening skills
- Language skills
- Reasoning as they ask questions
- How to take turns
- Social skills in conversation like talking and listening to each other
- Community skills such as tolerance, acceptance, encouragement, and respect
Getting to Know Our Families with "The Family Tree"
We encourage our little learners to bring a family picture to proudly display on our Family Tree Board. Children get to know each other and love to see their loving family’s faces every day.
Reduce, Reuse and Recycle with Classroom "Wish Lists"
Put your household trash to good use! Donate household items like books, glass bottles, or toilet paper rolls, crafts. These items will be used for projects throughout the year. Other examples of things for reuse in classroom projects are:
- Brown paper bags
- Sewing items
- Old clothing for dress-up
- Paper, etc.
Building Vocabulary and Reading Skills
- Sounding out each letter
- Reading letters as one word
- Matching games (match the words), helping them identify these words
- Recognizing sight words
(Frequently Asked Questions)
Items needed for our classroom:
- Blanket for nap time, labeled
- extra clothes, a complete set, labeled
- Family photo
- Liners and underwear if potty training
*We accept children who are not potty trained*